Dallas Innovates is the media sponsor for Digital Fight Club on August 24. According to Digital Dallas’ Michael Pratt, Digital Fight Club will bring together 10 of the sharpest minds in Dallas in five “fights” to spar on the hotbed of undecided topics in digital technology. Judging the rounds will be a panel of subject matter experts hailing from some of Texas’ top brands, he says.
Digital Fight Club, presented by Digital Dallas, will be a twist on the typical speaker panel experience.
Here’s how it works. There will be 10 “fighters,” who will be paired against each other in five fights on digital technology topics.
Five referees will be moderating the panel, along with the audience through the use of a special app created by Digital Dallas. Together, they will determine the winner of each bout.
Prepare for a night of mayhem.
- Opening salvo: One minute each
- Rebuttal: 30 seconds each
- Judge’s question: 30 seconds each
- Fight 1 Virtual Reality: Nick DiCarlo of Samsung versus Dale Carman of Groove Jones
- Fight 2 IoT: Scott Harper of Dialexa versus Nathan Huntoon of PepsiCo, Frito-Lay
- Fight 3 Digital Content: Mike Orren of Speakeasy versus Michael Sitarzewski of LaunchDFW
- Fight 4 Big Data: Good or Evil?: John Keehler of SMU versus Dina Light-McNeely of The Marketing Arm
- Fight 5 Augmented Reality and Artificial Intelligence: Joel Fontenot ofTrailblazer Capital versus Brad Rossacci of 900 lbs of Creative
- Head referee Andrew Hopkins, managing director at Accenture
- Sorabh Saxena, Senior Vice President of software development and engineering at ATT
- Sydney Seiger, CMO at TXU
- Tim Storer, CEO at Distribion
- Jeremy Johnson, vice president of customer experience at projekt202
Time: 6 to 9 p.m.
Date: Aug. 24
Place: Granada Theater, 3524 Greenville Ave., in Dallas.
Cost: $20 per person, group pricing is available.
For more information, go here.
Digital Fight Club: Who’s Calling the Shots?
Meet the Refs.
The Fight Card
For a daily dose of what’s new and next in Dallas-Fort Worth innovation, subscribe to our Dallas Innovates e-newsletter.