In October, stories on company expansions, new hires, social impact, and commercial real estate rose to the top of our list.
Here’s a roundup of the most-read stories on dallasinnovates.com.
1. Phase IV, The Star: Jerry Jones Moves Forward With a $65M Spec Building in Frisco
“We still get calls every week for space,” Lincoln Property’s Worthey Wiles says. “The demand is there.”
2. The First Black Woman to Head Community Relations at Dallas Police Department is Joining Dallas Habitat for Humanity
Joli Robinson—the former director of Community Affairs and Youth Outreach for the Dallas Police Department and current co-chair of Dallas Truth, Racial Healing, and Transformation—is bringing her breadth of experience to Dallas Habitat as its new VP of Government Affairs and Public Policy.
3. Exonerated Texas Athlete Greg Kelley Is the New Face of Hari Mari’s Fall Boot Collection
Hari Mari, a Dallas-based footwear brand known for its social innovation, was inspired by Kelley’s story of perseverance and resilience, and wanted to amplify that message with its latest campaign.
4. CBRE’s Jeff Ellerman: The Future Is Bright for Dallas-Fort Worth Corporate Relocations and Consolidations
While COVID-19 has slowed relocations in the short term, the commercial real estate veteran shares his reasons for optimism.
5. Meet the 19-Year-Old Texas Native Who Went Viral on TikTok With Advanced Science Videos
Known to 500K fans by @Mags4Science, Maggie Burruss is working to pioneer the idea that STEM is for everybody, no matter your education, identity, or background.
6. Eye on the Future: Planned Developments Keep DFW On the Forefront of Industry and Livability
Pandemic or no, commercial real estate developers are forging ahead on plans that ensure Dallas-Fort Worth will remain an innovative, forward-thinking place for generations to come.
7. Smoothie King CEO Wan Kim to Star on ‘Undercover Boss’ This Friday
Coppell-based Smoothie King is the latest North Texas brand to send its top executive undercover to see what truly happens on the front lines. Tune in Oct. 23 on CBS (and get an early sneak peek with our photo gallery).
8. A Cut Above, 11 Years in the Making: Dallas-Based Shavelogic Launches S5 Razor
After a decade-plus of R&D, more than 100 patents, and legal battles with Gillette, Shavelogic aims to be the new face of an $11B global shaving and razor market.
9. Former Pro Athlete Turned Fitness Entrepreneur Opens First Black Female-Owned Gym in Richardson
Despite the ongoing pandemic, Victoria Thomas opened the third location of her JourneyFit Gym, where she helps people on their fitness journeys with in-person and online classes.
10. Alkami Technology Closes a $140M Funding Round After Hitting Major Growth Milestones
The raise puts Alkami’s total funding at more than $400 million. It comes at a time when the cloud-based digital banking solutions provider is nearing 10 million digital users.
Get on the list.
Dallas Innovates, every day.
Sign up to keep your eye on what’s new and next in Dallas-Fort Worth, every day.