Five Dallas area businesses have been named to the Inner City 100, a list of companies that operate in inner city areas with higher unemployment and poverty rates, and lower median incomes than the surrounding metropolitan statistical areas.
Making the list are four Dallas businesses — No. 10, Gadberry Construction Co.; No. 15, DHD Films; No. 29, Greenville Avenue Pizza Co., and No. 63, Texas Coin and Commercial Laundry — as well as No. 79, Hollywood Transportation of Garland.
The Inner City 100 is compiled by The Initiative for a Competitive Inner City, founded in 1994 by Michael E. Porter, a professor in the Harvard Business School. Fortune, which published the list, said the companies create jobs in the areas in which they are needed the most.
ICIC identifies, ranks, and spotlights the 100-fastest growing businesses located in the nation’s inner cities each year, ranking them by revenue growth over the previous five-year period.
Here’s a look at the North Texas companies on the list:
- Gadberry is a general contractor for large and small construction projects that provides general contracting, construction, and construction management services.
- DHD Films, an Emmy-nominated, full-service video production and motion graphics studio, includes Fortune 500 companies, startups, governments, and creative agencies among its clients.
- Greenville Avenue Pizza Co. opened in 2007 and has a solid and loyal clientele, particularly from the Southern Methodist University community.
- Texas Coin and Commercial Laundry is a complete solution for companies in the coin and commercial laundry industry, offering a variety of equipment, parts, and service.
- Hollywood Transportation also operates under the name Hollywood Towing, and provides towing and recovery services for municipalities, commercial fleets, businesses, and individuals.
You can find the full Inner City 100 list here.
Get on the list.
Sign up to keep your eye on what’s new and next in Dallas-Fort Worth, every day.
And, you’ll be the first to get the digital edition of our new Dallas Innovates magazine:
The annual edition publishes in January.