The Mayor’s Star Council has named the new leadership and members of its eighth class, assembling a group of young Dallas innovators who will tackle issues facing the city.
The Star Council is not officially affiliated with the city of Dallas, but its leaders and members work alongside the mayor of Dallas to do projects that reflect his or her established priorities, according to the organization’s website.
It’s made up of a diverse group from eight areas of cultural and professional influence: arts and entertainment, business, education, government, hospitality and tourism, media, religion, and social.
The Star Council says its mission is to “empower leaders to impact our city through our purpose to learn, connect, and serve.”
The leadership team and their titles:
- Trey Bowles: Chairman and Co-founder
- Lane Conner: President
- LaDondra Wilson: Vice President
- Cristal Retana: Special Advisor to the President
- Diana Einstein: Executive Director
- Colea Owens: Alumni Chair
- Katrina Gawen: Alumni Vice Chair
- Ashley Bryan Flores: Bus Stop Project Chair
- Maureen Locus: Communications Chair
- Amanda Arizola: Development Chair
- Tyeshia Wilson: Development Vice Chair
- Enisha Williams: Engage Dallas Chair
- Ashley Agnew: Engage Dallas Vice Chair
- Aaron White: MSC Connect Chair
- Erik Moss: MSC Connect Vice Chair
- Denise Gomez: Outreach Chair
- Ryan Garcia: Outreach Vice Chair
- George Baker Sr.: Founder and CEO, ParkHub
- Zhen Barrientos: Founder, Elevate to 528; Licensed Professional Counselor and CEO, Zhen Counseling PLLC
- Savohna Brown: Staff Accountant, The Dallas Foundation
- Aubrey Coleman: Government Relations Manager, Siting Advocacy, T-Mobile
- Christina Collins: Council Liaison, City of Dallas
- Caleb Cook: Municipal Prosecutor, City of Dallas Attorney’s office
- Arian Davis: Assistant Executive Director, National Association of Minority Contractors
- Lacy Durham: Senior Manager, Deloitte
- Pilar Ferguson: Asylum Program Attorney, Human Rights Initiative of North Texas
- Teresa Fougerousse: Development Director, Dwell with Dignity
- Gregory Franklin: Associate Attorney, Munsch Hardt Kopf & Harr PC
- Jessica Garland: Community Liaison, Dallas Symphony Orchestra
- Jessica Gordon: Director, U.S. Department of Commerce
- Reuben Griffin: Owner and Lead Design Specialist, Reuben Lael Media
- Smitha Hanumantha: Creative Director, Deaf Action Center
- Katrina Hertz: Manager of Teacher Leadership Development, Teach For America Dallas Fort Worth
- Kyle Laney: Senior Vice President and Client Private Advisor, Bank of America Private Bank
- Laura Mendivil: Co-founder and Development Director, Rosa Es Rojo Inc.
- Ryan Mitchell: Vice President, Diversity and Inclusion and Talent Development, Texas Capital Bank
- Jeffery Moffit: Managing Partner, OutLoud Consulting
- Aracely Munoz: Manager, Corporate Engagement and Children’s Miracle Network Hospitals, Children’s Health
- Katie O’Brien: Director, The Davis Advocates LLC
- Nicole Paqutte: Senior Marketing and Communications Manager, Communities Foundation of Texas
- Laura Payne: Executive Assistant, DalFort Capital Partners LLC
- Latame Phillips: Vice President of Development and Operations, Hunger Busters
- Angelica Portillo: Project Manager for After the Bell Alliance, Dallas Afterschool
- Brian Reynolds: Co-founder and Head of Fundraising & Strategic Partnerships, Trey Athletes
- Justin Ross: Project Manager, Kahn Mechanical Contractors
- Zac Rudd: Architect, HKS
- Aaryaman Singhal: Chief Operating Officer, Groundwork Dallas
- Roselle Tenorio: Grants and Programs Coordinator, Texas Women’s Foundation
- Bryan Tony: Director of Public Policy, The Real Estate Council
- Victoria Tsalikis: Police Officer, Dallas ISD Police
- Ruth Villalonga: Vice President, Corporate Communications, Wells Fargo
- Colbey Walker: Administrator, UT Southwestern Medical Center
- Tiffany Williams: Resource Outreach Officer and Police Officer, Dallas Police Department
- Sami Zaidi: Principal, Sabre Corp.
Get on the list.
Dallas Innovates, every day.
Sign up to keep your eye on what’s new and next in Dallas-Fort Worth, every day.