WSP, a leading engineering, environment, and professional services consultancy in the U.S. has named Ning Zhang national tolling lead and will be based in the company’s Dallas office.
In his new role as a vice president, Zhang will be responsible for enhancing and reinforcing its growing range of toll industry services to new and existing clients.
“As both an operator and consultant, Ning brings a unique perspective and background to tolling,” Christopher Burke, senior vice president and national business practice lead for tolling at WSP, said in a statement. “He has led initiatives that use business intelligence for revenue and traffic trends, procurements for timely delivery, and modeling traffic and revenue.”
Previously, Zhang was a senior manager for traffic and revenue for a Texas-based engineering firm where he managed three major toll projects with $600 million annual revenue. For more than a decade he has provided tolling advisory and project management services, as well as extensive support in the development, implementation and measurement of tolling strategy initiatives.
WSP said that the company has a long history of supporting clients nationwide with planning, financing, implementing and operating toll facilities, and it offers experts focused on increasing efficiency and improving system performance, as well as the user experience, by preventing problems before they occur.
WSP’s services include:
- Program development: strategic planning, toll demand modeling, as well as traffic and net revenue projections
- Program implementation: policy and governance, financial planning, toll delivery advisory
- Systems design: toll technology, payment methods, systems engineering
- Design and construction: general engineering consulting, design, construction engineering and inspection, program management
- Toll delivery: toll systems integration, back-office operations, procurement/oversight, violation processing
- Operations: customer service center, traffic management center, roadside customer assistance, roadway operations, maintenance
WSP USA is the U.S. operating company of Canada-based WSP, one of the world’s leading engineering, environment, and professional services firms. It has roughly 16,000 employees in 300 offices across the U.S.
Get on the list.
Dallas Innovates, every day.
Sign up to keep your eye on what’s new and next in Dallas-Fort Worth, every day.