The Concilio, a Dallas-based nonprofit dedicated to building stronger communities by unlocking opportunities for Latino and other diverse families, announced its 2023-2024 board of trustees and incoming board chair Maryanne Piña-Frodsham, CEO of Career Management Partners.
“The Concilio has had tremendous success in the past years expanding our programs and providing necessary resources to our community. Maryanne is a great asset as board chair with her experience in project management and her knowledge of public education and higher education fields,” Florencia Velasco Fortner, president and CEO of The Concilio, said in a statement. “She is committed to serving her community by unlocking opportunities for Latino and other diverse families.”
Piña-Frodsham has been involved with The Concilio for three years, working alongside the nonprofit’s team to advocate for underserved families in education, health, and wealth.
As chair, she will lead the board’s initiatives through her one-year term, driving support of The Concilio’s mission to provide culturally responsive programs to the communities they serve.
Engaging the community
The nonprofit said that the board’s primary focus will be to engage community leaders and other stakeholders to build awareness of the state of Latinos in North Texas and support the development of essential programs.
As CEO of CMP, Piña-Frodsham is responsible for the strategy and growth of a national talent solutions firm. She is the founder of the Latino Career Assessment.
Before CMP, Piña-Frodsham worked for 10 years in public education and higher education developing content and innovative solutions for students, educators, and the community. In 2022, she was listed as one of the Top 100 Latinas in the U.S. by Latino Leaders Magazine.
“I am looking forward to leading The Concilio board and broadening our reach in the community. It is vital for us to make sure we are tackling issues facing individuals, young families, adolescents pursuing higher education and Latino equity in the workplace,” Piña-Frodsham said in a statement.
Other board members
She joins these members of the 2023-2024 board of trustees:
- Sandra Rosa, chair-elect of The Concilio Board; Chief Human Resources Officer, Santander Consumer USA Inc.
- Shawn Allgood, vice chair of The Concilio Board; National Underwriting Director, Wells Fargo Auto
- Mathew Michalak, treasurer of The Concilio Board; Senior Vice President, Southwest Region Market Leader
- Gaston Sirito, secretary of The Concilio Board; Managing Director, Global Real Estate – Americas South & LATAM Region, JPMorgan Chase
- Michael Broder, co-founder and president, CrossTimbers Capital
- Beatriz Joseph, Ed.D., vice chancellor of student success, Dallas College
- Michelle Hicks, D.O., attending physician, Emergency Department, Dallas Medical Center
- Juan Muñoz Jr., vice president, wealth management, Raymond James
- Patricio Gutierrez, founder and managing attorney, Gutierrez Law Group PLLC
- Wil Murphy, vice president, marketing, K Strategies Group
- Katie Doherty, admission division director, Upper School, The Hockaday School
- Whitney Strauss, immediate past chair of The Concilio Board; Senior Counsel, Corporate Social Responsibility, Sunwest Communications
Get on the list.
Dallas Innovates, every day.
Sign up to keep your eye on what’s new and next in Dallas-Fort Worth, every day.