The NACD North Texas Chapter, the advocate for the profession of directorship, just named a new slate of officers and board members for 2021-2022. It’s quite an impressive list.
Nationally, NACD strives to help more than 21,000 directors lead with confidence in the boardroom—with a goal of strengthening investor trust and public confidences.
NACD’s North Texas chapter offers a forum for local members to discuss best boardroom practices in the Dallas-Fort Worth area, addressing governance challenges to elevate their boards’ performance.
The board’s new slate includes:
- Jim Skinner, who currently serves on the boards of Ares Commercial Real Estate Corp. and CarLotz Inc., will serve as board chair. Skinner has served on the boards of directors for five publicly held companies. He has chaired audit, compensation, finance, and governance committees during his board service.
- Margot Carter, president of Living Mountain Capital, will serve as board vice chair. Carter is the lead director of Installed Building Products, and sits on the board of Eagle Materials. She was named a 2019 Most Influential Corporate Director by Women Inc. Magazine and a Top 50 Innovator and Disruptor in 2020 and 2021 by D Magazine, 2020 Outstanding Director by the Dallas Business Journal, and one of the Most Powerful Business Leaders in North Texas 2021 by D CEO.
- Todd Murray will serve as board secretary. A partner at Foley & Lardner LLP, he serves as a VP of the firm’s securities enforcement and litigation practice. Murray focuses his practice on securities litigation, director and officer fiduciary duty and corporate governance disputes, litigation involving complex accounting, accounting fraud, financial issues, and energy-related matters.
- Billie Williamson will continue to serve as treasurer, with more than 12 years of experience serving on boards starting with the Ernst & Young Americas Board and continuing to serve 10 NYSE boards. Currently she’s on the boards of Cushman & Wakefield, Pentair plc, Kraton Corp., and Cricut Inc.
New board members include:
- Stacey Doré, president and CEO of Sharyland Utilities LLC. She also serves as president of Hunt Utility Services, a subsidiary of Hunt Consolidated that manages Sharyland Utilities, and as SVP of power & utilities for Hunt Energy. Doré currently serves as a director of The Williams Cos. Inc., serving on the audit committee and the governance and sustainability committee.
- Donna E. Epps, who is on the boards of Sala Inc. and Texas Pacific Land Corp. She is a licensed CPA in the State of Texas, as well as chairperson of the Board for the Girl Scouts of Northeast Texas and treasurer and Finance Committee chair for Readers 2 Leaders in Dallas.
- Marie L. Perry, SVP and CFO of Brink’s U.S. and was CFO, EVP, and CAO of Jamba Inc., later serving as Jamba’s EVP of finance. Perry previously held roles leading all aspects of the finance team at Brinker International Inc. She also held senior finance and accounting roles at American Airlines and KPMG LLP.
- Debra von Storch ha served on the board of CSW Industrials and is a member of its audit committee. A former partner of EY, she has spent 38 years serving hyper-growth and Fortune 1000 companies. Since January, she has served as a director of Canoo Inc., a publicly traded electric vehicle company, where she chairs the compensation committee and is a member of the audit committee.
Current NACD North Texas board members also include Renee Arrington, Bill Buechele, Marsha Cameron, Tracey Doi, Bella Goren, Lou Grabowsky, Ray Hemmig, Craig Jimenez, Yon Jorden, Mark King, Selena LaCroix, Cynthia Pharr Lee, Tom Leppert, Dereck McClain, Maribess Miller, Diana Peninger, Pat Priest, Don Robillard, Mark Sinclair, and Peggy Vaughan.
Get on the list.
Dallas Innovates, every day.
Sign up to keep your eye on what’s new and next in Dallas-Fort Worth, every day.