Growjo, a Colorado-based research organization that uses an algorithm to identify companies poised for ongoing and future growth, recently released its list of the 100 Fastest Growing Companies in Dallas for 2019.
Top sectors tracked for the list include energy/oil, IT consulting, SaaS, hospital/healthcare, and real estate. Its research found 1,597 job openings in Dallas, with a 55 percent average growth in those businesses. It also cited that SmartAsset named Dallas one of the best cities to work in technology in 2017.
The top ten fastest growing companies in North Texas this year include:
- Montage Resources, an Irving-based oil and gas company with 303 percent employee growth.
- Hedera Hashgraph, a distributed ledger technology startup with 24 percent employee growth. Hedera has received $118 million in funding.
- Meritize, a Frisco-based education lender with 36 percent employee growth and recently closed $13.2 million Series A funding round and a total of $23.4 million in funding.
- Aligned Energy, a Plano-based infrastructure tech company with 16 percent employee growth and $375 million in funding.
- Urban Air Trampoline, an entertainment company operating family-oriented facilities with 15 percent employee growth.
- Matador Resources, an oil and gas company with six percent employee growth.
- BBG, a real estate company with ten percent employee growth.
- ParkHub, an IoT parking solutions company with 29 percent employee growth and $20 million in funding.
- Kosmos Energy, a deepwater oil and gas exploration company with six percent employee growth.
- Generational Equity, a Richardson-based M&A specialist finance company with seven percent employee growth.
Although Growjo highlights employee growth in its published rankings, that data point is not the sole determining factor. Its algorithm actually takes into account a range of factors.
“Rankings are based not just on growth but also what we predict their growth to be in the future. We expect these companies to really flourish over the next couple of years. Our algorithm is based on multiple datasets including employee growth, estimated revenue growth, valuations, quality and quantity of funding, hiring announcements, current job openings, leadership team announcements, and numerous other growth triggers,” Growjo wrote on its Dallas ranking webpage.
Growjo was founded specifically to recognize companies dedicated to growth. Its rankings don’t require submissions and don’t include companies with more than 1,000 employees.
Get on the list.
Dallas Innovates, every day.
Sign up to keep your eye on what’s new and next in Dallas-Fort Worth, every day.