The BioNTX iC3 Life Science Summit at the Gaylord Texan in Grapevine will bring together biotech leaders and changemakers.
The in-person event on September 30 and October 1 will host startups through large multinationals representing industry sectors like biotech and pharma, as well as healthcare companies, academic research institutions, innovators, investors, vendor partners, and other leaders.
You can also meet 2021 NTX Rising Stars and the new companies moving to BioLabs at Pegasus Park. Get tickets here.
Key topics include:
• Future of Healthcare and the Impact of Innovation in NTX
• Regional Industry Support and Growth (North Texas)
• IP Protection and Compliance Update
• Drug Discovery with Artificial Intelligence (AI)
• Risk Management and Data Integrity
• CRISPR Gene Editing Primer
• Investment Success Panel
• How City Government are Fostering an Ecosystem in North Texas
• Driving the Development of Gene Therapy
• Biomanufacturing Workforce Development in North Texas
Check out the agenda below.
DAY 1: September 30
7:30 – 8:30 a.m. Registration and Breakfast
8:30 – 8:45 a.m. Welcome and Opening Comments
Teri Schultz, MS, JD, Director, Innovation & Commercialization, The University of Texas at Arlington
8:45-9:30 a.m. Outlook for Texas: Future of Healthcare and the Impact of Innovation in NTX
- Admiral P. Brett Giroir MD, Former Four-Star Admiral, U.S. Public Health Service Commissioned Corps
- Thomas R. Kowalski, President and CEO, Texas Healthcare and Bioscience Institute
- Mike Mattoon, Vice President of Federal Government Relations, Biotechnology Innovation Organization
9:35-10:20 a.m. Panel Discussion – Regional Industry Support and Growth (North Texas)-Resources to Prepare Startups for Success
- Hubert Zajicek, MD, MBA, CEO & Partner HealthWildcatters
- Hayden Blackburn, Executive Director, TechFW
- Bill Chinn, CEO, The DEC
- Steve Davis, President, J. Small Investments representing BioLabs and Pegasus Park
- Moderator Dan Hargrove – Texas Medical Center Accelerator – TMCX
10:20-10:45 a.m. Networking Break
10:45-11:45 a.m. Concurrent Sessions
- IP Protection and Compliance Update – Hogan Lovells and Polsinelli
- Drug Discovery with AI – Panna Sharma, CEO, Lantern Pharma
11:45 a.m.-1 p.m. Luncheon (Keynote starts at 12:05-12:10)
Keynote Speaker – John Thievon and the Mucinex Story
Facilitated by Kristin Lonergan, Executive VP, SleeperSewell
1.-2 p.m. Rising Stars – 15 minutes each
2:10 – 2:55 p.m. Concurrent Sessions or North Texas as an emerging global hub
- Risk Management and Data Integrity – PSC Biotech and Higgonbathom
- CRISPR Gene Editing Primer – Geoff Sargent, PhD, Chief Scientific Officer, GeneTether
3:15 – 4:15 p.m. Investment Success Stories Panel: Raising Money in North Texas Through the Life of a Company
Alternative Funding Strategies including Non-Dilutive Funding
- Moderator, Andrew Strong, Partner, Hogan Lovells
- Claire Aldridge, PhD, SVP, Chief of Staff and Business Operations, Taysha Gene Therapies
- Marty Driscoll, CEO, OncoNano
- Tracey Davies, Chief Strategy and Intellectual Property Officer, CPRIT
4:15-5:15 p.m. Fostering an Ecosystem of Innovation and Entrepreneurship in North Texas: How City Governments are Participating
Topics include: The challenges of keeping growing Companies in North Texas – What does success look like What will it take to attract other life science heavyweight accelerators and companies to DFW?
- Admiral Brett P. Giroir MD, Former Assistant Secretary for Health and Acting FDA Commissioner
- Dallas Mayor – Eric Johnson – recent announcement of 21st Century task force (Invited)
- Fort Worth Mayor – Mattie Parker and her plan for supporting Innovation (Invited)
- Trey Bowles, Co-Founder & President, InnoCity Partners
5:15 – 6:30 p.m. Dennis K. Stone Award and Cocktail Reception in Exhibitor Hall
Sponsored By BioLabs at Pegasus Park
DAY 2: October 1, 2021
7:30 – 8:30 a.m. Registration and Breakfast
8:30-8:45 a.m. Welcome and Opening Comments
• Jason Wietjes, JD, Chair, Bio North Texas, Partner, Polsinelli Law Firm
8:45 – 9:45 a.m.
- DFW – International Trade and Cargo Hub
- Cold Chain Storage
- Covid Distribution success story; Speaker: Milton de La Paz
9:55 – 10:45 a.m. Biomanufacturing and the necessary Workforce Development in North Texas
• Jenny Ligon, Assistant Director, Texas A&M National Center for Therapeutics Manufacturing and
• John Balchunas, Workforce Director, NIIMBL
• Bridgette Kirkpatrick, Collin College, Biology Department
10:45-11:10 a.m. Networking Break
11:10 – 11:55 a.m. Three Company Presentations with Q & A – BioLabs
12 – 1 p.m. Luncheon Speaker
• Peter W. Marks MD, PhD, Director, Center for Excellence in Bio Evaluation & Research, CBER
Dallas Innovates is a media sponsor for BioNTX iCE Life Science Summit.
Get on the list.
Dallas Innovates, every day.
Sign up to keep your eye on what’s new and next in Dallas-Fort Worth, every day.