EarthX is seeking innovators and investors to participate in its 2023 EarthX E-Capital Summit April 19-22 at Fair Park in Dallas.
The annual EarthX E-Capital Summit is an invitation-only conference that organizers say has brought together, inspired, and catalyzed action from thousands of investment firms, early- to late-stage innovators, established global companies, industry thought leaders, national policymakers, incubators and accelerators, and researchers who have had positive impacts on investments, businesses, people, and the planet.
The summit provides the opportunity for early-stage climate tech companies to make pitches for a chance at a cash prize. It will also offer discussions on investment and industry trends by leading industry professionals, investors, startups, and policymakers, EarthX said. Curated and self-selected one-on-one dealmaking meetings will focus on venture capital and private equity investments between vetted investors, companies, and dealmakers.
Sharing ideas and a path to funding
Over the past six years, the summit has convened more than 2,500 participants from over 20 countries, including from more than 260 leading investment firms and 320 emerging innovators taking on some of the world’s greatest opportunities in sustainability, environmental resilience, conservation, and clean and climate technology. Past participants have gone on to raise more than $2 billion in follow-on funding.
The conference features a highly competitive, globally broadcasted pitch competition for early-stage startups that can win a cash prize to boost their company.
Last year’s speakers included entrepreneur and environmentalist John Paul DeJoria, Vistra Corp CEO Curt Morgan, former Dallas Fed President Rob Kaplan, St. Maarten Prime Minister Silveria Jacobs, Barclays’ Clean Tech Initiative Chairman Ted Roosevelt IV, Bank of America’s Global Head of Power/Natural Resources Ray Wood, Ellen MacArthur Foundation CEO Andrew Morlet, investor David Shaw, and many others including innovation & investment leaders from NASA, NOAA, and U.S. Department of Energy.
This year’s E-Capital Summit is composed of five main events:
- Investment Forum, a closed-door conference with industry leaders discussing investment and innovation trends. This year’s theme is “Sustainability Investing: Where do we go From Here?”
- E-Capital Connections, curated and self-selected one-on-one networking meetings between investors, dealmakers, and innovators. New this year, the E-Capital Connections will also connect sustainability-focused fund managers with potential fund investors and limited partners.
- EarthxConnect Innovator Commercialization Showcase, a sales-focused networking event focused on helping start-ups commercialize,
- EarthX Climate Tech Prize, an early-stage pitch competition, and
- the inaugural Innovation Ecosystem Summit, a convening of innovation ecosystem leaders to share best practices.
Who can pitch?
Here are the eligibility requirements:
- An early-stage startup focused on sustainability or climate tech.
- Startup must not have raised more than $500,000 in dilutive funding.
- Annual revenue is under $250,000.
The technology verticals that will be present at the conference are:
- Circular Economy
- Energy – Oil & Gas
- Built Environment
- Heavy Industry/Manufacturing
- Business and Government Services
- Energy – Power
- Health & Wellness
For application and invitation information, visit the EarthX website.
Get on the list.
Dallas Innovates, every day.
Sign up to keep your eye on what’s new and next in Dallas-Fort Worth, every day.