Nexus Recovery Center’s Holiday Bazaar is this Thursday—and proceeds will ensure that the kids at Nexus experience holiday magic this year while they’re on campus with their mothers.
Holiday Bazaar offerings range from jewelry to sliders to python bags and ceramics
The holiday bazaar will be held this Thursday, November 10, from 10 a.m. to 6 p.m. To find out the location, you just need to click the RSVP button at the holiday bazaar website and ask for the details. Entry to the bazaar is by a cash or credit card donation of your choice.
If you come shop for a cause Thursday, the Auxiliary of Nexus will offer a wide variety of gifts, snacks, and apparel from 16 different vendors (all listed below). You’ll find everything from artful ceramics to python bags and clutches to men’s clothing, women’s apparel, skincare, Mexican glassware, handbags, scarves, and much more.
You’ll also find some tasty treats like gourmet popcorn and pulled pork & bacon jam sliders.
How Nexus Recovery Center helps women and their kids
Nexus Recovery Center’s residential programs offer intensive, structured, trauma-responsive services using the 12-Step model as its foundation. The center can house up to 130 women for five to 90 days and services focus on recovery from opioid, alcohol, and benzodiazepine addiction, Nexus said. The center’s programs are designed to address substance use disorder as well as additional barriers to recovery, including social systems, mental health issues, and lack of access to resources.
Nexus Recovery Center has served more than 2.500 women and children in the past year via its comprehensive continuum of care for substance use disorders.
Vendors featured at the bazaar this Thursday:
- Ann Alford Ceramics: Ceramics
- Apothecary Social: Women and men’s apparel, home accents, unique gifts, and more
- Archipelago Designs: Genuine python bags and clutches
- Avery’s Savory Popcorn: Gourmet popcorn
- Beauty by Apothecary: High quality 100% skincare
- Chef to the Shelters: Pulled pork & bacon jam sliders
- Deborah Gaspar Jewelry Collection: Jewelry
- EVO & Vin: Oils, vinegars, teas, salts, and snacks
- HM Originals: Handmade designer jewelry
- Ken’s Man’s Shop: Men’s clothing, accessories, and gifts
- Pharao Jewelry: Jewelry and hair accessories
- Stone Legends by Cathy Marquis: Accessories, shawls, handbags, belts, jewelry
- Souvenirs by Susan Lucas: Cashmere, furs, Mexican glassware, angel gift items
- Three Dogs Dancing: Vintage scarves and apparel, Japanese textiles
- Three Gen Creatives: Aprons, crochet hats, scarves, jewelry
- TX Brisket Biscuit: Frozen biscuit and butter combinations
Nexus Partners with Parkland Hospital on prenatal care and more
Nexus’ on-campus programs focus on building thriving mothers, ensuring healthy birth outcomes for infants, and providing a safe and secure place for children to build resilience and thrive, the center said. It’s one of the few treatment centers in Texas that serves pregnant women at all stages of pregnancy. Via a partnership with Parkland Hospital, Nexus provides prenatal care as well as labor and delivery services for pregnant women in treatment.
The center operates a licensed childcare center serving infants through school-aged children so that its clients and alumni can rely on quality care while focusing on their recovery journey. And the Child Development Center offers play therapy, speech therapy, occupational therapy, and physical therapy for children in its residential programs, accepting childcare assistance through Childcare Group.
More of what you’ll find at the Auxiliary of Nexus Holiday Bazaar
Get on the list.
Dallas Innovates, every day.
Sign up to keep your eye on what’s new and next in Dallas-Fort Worth, every day.