There’s still time to get your entry submitted for consideration in the 2018 Thin Line Fest.
The Denton festival, now in its 11th year, is a melding of the arts including film, music, and photography. With promises to “heighten your senses and sharpen your mind,” according to its website, the festival is a five-day experience that showcases artists from all over the Dallas Fort Worth area.
The 2018 Thin Line Fest will be held April 18-22.
According to the website, submission deadlines and prizes are as follows:
Submit an original documentary film on FilmFreeway or WithoutaBox by Jan. 15. Selected films are eligible to win more than $20,000 in cash and prizes. This year’s categories include documentary feature, documentary short, and true Texas travel.
Email music submissions to [email protected] by Jan. 15. All genres are eligible and submission is free. Press kit is required.
Photography entrees can now be submitted on Submittable through Feb. 15. The 2018 festival includes the following five categories, each with a $500 cash prize for the best of category photograph:
- Truth — An overall theme at the 2018 festival, photographs in this category should convey some sort of truth. Example subcategories include politics, religion, activist, social justice, love, and music.
- People — This category focuses on people, individuals, or groups. This category can overlap with others, so be sure that the human component is the central theme in submissions for this category. Sub categories include portrait, historical, and documentary.
- Natural Beauty — Images in this category should not contain a significant human component, but should be focused on nature in some form. Sub categories include landscapes, travel, animals/wildlife, underwater, and space.
- Urban — This category is for submissions that primarily focus on urban environments. Sub categories include: architecture, street, and cityscapes.
- Abstract — This category is for those who feel like none of the other categories apply to their work. Subcategories include light painting, staged, unreal, and highly edited.
You can submit your entry on the Thin Line Fest website.
Get on the list.
Sign up to keep your eye on what’s new and next in Dallas-Fort Worth, every day.
And, you’ll be the first to get the digital edition of our new Dallas Innovates magazine:
The annual edition publishes in January