For the 97th time, Dallas-based Neiman Marcus is out with its annual Christmas Book, innovating retail beyond mere sales and into the realm of fantasy, wish fulfillment, and if-only dreams.
Ryan Ross, president of Neiman Marcus and head of NMG Customer Insights, says the company is “committed to providing unparalleled experiences and services to our luxury customer across our integrated retail model.”
“Every gift is carefully curated, not only for their beauty and craftsmanship, but also for their ability to create unforgettable moments,” Ross added in a statement. “Our holiday offerings are a testament to our legacy as the ultimate fashion and gifting destination and support our growth strategy, Revolutionizing Luxury Experiences.”
Like every other year, the big draw in this year’s book is the over-the-top Fantasy Gifts. Here’s what’s on tap this holiday season, per NM:
- An Animated Disney Makeover: Walt Disney Animation Studios will transform you into an animated character.
- Ultimate Olympic Experience in Paris: Join the Ralph Lauren team and Team USA at the Olympic Games Paris 2024.
- Yachting Treasure Hunt: Embark on an adventure through the islands of Indonesia for a yachting treasure hunt of high-end jewelry with Pelorus Yachting.
- Cannes & Carats: Escape to the French Riviera for the 2024 Cannes Film Festival as a guest of Maison Chopard.
- Cadillac CELESTIQ Carmen: Become the owner of a one-of-one CELESTIQ Carmen electric vehicle commissioned by Cadillac.
- Milan Design & Experience with Nina Magon: Enjoy a trip to Milan with one of the world’s most in-demand interior designers, Nina Magon, who will redesign a space in your home.
- Immersive Crystal Experience: Craft your own masterpiece from the world’s purest crystal at Baccarat.
- Star Performer of the Ballet: Experience an American Ballet Theater performance behind the curtain with a walk-on role.
OK, you may not be able to afford to carouse at Cannes or YOLO on a yacht in Indonesia. But you can still be exposed to NM’s “strategic digital-first, integrated marketing strategy” through the new Christmas Book’s theme of “Neiman’s Express.”
“Neiman Marcus has a tradition of putting on a show for the holidays and being a place for all to dream,” Chief Brand Officer Nabil Aliffi said in a statement. “Through this year’s coordinated marketing and communications efforts across all customer touchpoints, we hope to provide style and gifting inspiration that highlights the incredible product assortment we have. We continue to look to new ways to surprise and delight our customers and own the holiday season.”
First published in 1926, the Neiman Marcus Christmas Book “has maintained its personal touch while evolving into a legendary source for alluring and spectacular gifts,” the company notes, adding that this is the 64th year the book has included those jaw-dropping “fantasy gifts.”
With this year’s Christmas Book, Neiman Marcus says it is continuing its longstanding tradition of embedding a philanthropic component in every fantasy gift, reminding customers of the importance of giving back. This year the retailer continues its philanthropic efforts by partnering with the Boys & Girls Clubs of America on a point-of-sale fundraising campaign that customers can participate in.
The retailer said its holiday efforts this year will include “gift wrapping and personal shopping services from its 3,000-plus talented style advisors.” Neiman Marcus will also be hosting more than 500 events this holiday season including Breakfast with Santa, White Elephant parties in select stores, trunk shows, and “gift personalization moments.”
The Fantasy Gifts, holiday campaign, gift guides, and Magic Maker Series are now viewable on Neiman’s online and corporate channels, and in stores.
Get on the list.
Dallas Innovates, every day.
Sign up to keep your eye on what’s new and next in Dallas-Fort Worth, every day.