More than 1,300 Dallas County nonprofits have signed up for North Texas Giving Day, scheduled for September 23, with early giving beginning September 1. Across the 20-county region, more than 3,200 total nonprofits have registered.
Communities Foundation of Texas’ thirteenth annual event will feature in-person, hybrid, and virtual events across North Texas.
Presenting sponsor Amazon will amplify the bonus and matching funds.
North Texas Giving Day begins with early giving at 6 a.m. on September 1 and ends at midnight September 23, 2021, with multiple events scheduled throughout the campaign to support and celebrate local nonprofits.
This year’s event will focus on increasing and diversifying donors.
“Year after year, Communities Foundation of Texas’ North Texas Giving Day has brought the entire community together—whether in-person, socially distanced, or virtually—to honor the work of our region’s wonderful nonprofits,” said Dave Scullin, CFT’s president and CEO, in a statement.
“This year our goal is to spread the spirit and power of giving to even more people and to encourage everyone to ‘be the good’ that they want to see in their community,” Scullin added. “On North Texas Giving Day, everyone—no matter how much they give in time or money—can ‘be the good’ through the collective impact of philanthropy.”
A “unique opportunity for foundations”
“The T.D. Jakes Foundation is excited to be a part of our first North Texas Giving Day, the nation’s largest community giving event. As we continue to grow to bring opportunities and programming to communities across the country, we know that Dallas is our home, and we will always do what we can to support our neighbors,” Hattie Hill, president and CEO of the T.D. Jakes Foundation, said in the statement.
“North Texas Giving Day is such a unique opportunity for foundations like ours to come together with other local organizations and support each other’s efforts,” Hill said.
List of events
Here are some events scheduled to support North Texas Giving Day:
- Through September 23: Super-fans can create FUNdraiser pages for their favorite nonprofits and share them with their networks. Find simple instructions at https://www.northtexasgivingday.org/FUNdraise.
- September 1, 6 a.m. to September 23, midnight: Donate to any nonprofit or FUNdraiser listed on NorthTexasGivingDay.org.
- September 14, 6 to 8 p.m.: Communities Foundation of Texas and North Texas Giving Day present “The Accommodation: The Politics of Race in an American City” with Deep Vellum, a fireside chat with John Wiley Price and author Jim Schutze.
- September 16, 12 noon to 2 p.m.: North Texas Giving Day Celebration of Giving, marking the one-week countdown until the big day. The public is invited to the launch party to meet participating nonprofits, enjoy live performances and win cash prizes for your favorite nonprofit. The event is free, but advance registration is required. (5500 Caruth Haven Ln, Dallas, TX 75225)
- September 18, 11 a.m. to 2 p.m: Free public event featuring more than 40 participating North Texas Giving Day nonprofits at The GrandScape in The Colony. (5752 Grandscape Blvd, The Colony, TX 75056)
- September 23, 6:30 p.m. to 9:30 p.m.: Free North Texas Giving Day Concert Presented by the Arlington Tomorrow Foundation and Levitt Pavilion will feature a headline performance by Take Six, nonprofit prizes, and more. (100 W Abram St, Arlington, TX 76010).
Get on the list.
Dallas Innovates, every day.
Sign up to keep your eye on what’s new and next in Dallas-Fort Worth, every day.