Flix North America Inc. announced the co-integration of the booking platform for Greyhound and FlixBus, enabling a shared, extended intercity bus network that customers can easily search, book, and travel across North America.
Flix is the Dallas-based company overseeing operations for both Greyhound and FlixBus across North America.
“This is an exciting time for intercity bus travel,” CEO Kai Boysan said in a statement. “By leveraging synergies from Greyhound’s experience in connecting communities nationwide for over a century and FlixBus’ innovative technology, we are able to provide millions of travelers access to more affordable, convenient, and an overall better travel experience.”
The company said that with the spring travel season beginning, customers can now book rides with Greyhound and FlixBus to almost 2,300 destinations across the U.S., Canada, and Mexico from either brand’s website or apps.
Aiming for a better travel experience
Munich, Germany-based Flix SE acquired Greyhound Lines Inc. in 2021. The FlixBus brand has been in North America since 2018, and the acquisition of Greyhound brought together two leaders of the travel industry. Last summer, the mobility company consolidated its North American operations in Dallas. Flix SE formed Flix North America to oversee operations of both Greyhound and FlixBus across the U.S., Canada, and Mexico—and announced multiple C-suite moves to help roll its mission forward.
Flix said its innovative global technology coupled with Greyhound’s iconic nationwide presence is setting a new standard for intercity bus transportation. In addition to a shared booking platform, customers can expect a series of enhanced products and features aimed at improving their travel experience.
- One Booking, One Ticket: Whether the trip is point-to-point or has multiple stops and bus changes, customers have just one ticket for the entire journey.
- Reserved Seating: During the booking process, customers can reserve seats for a small fee.
- New Payment Methods: ApplePay (available now) and GooglePay planned for early Spring.
- First Bag Travels Free: One carry-on bag and one luggage are included in the standard ticket price, and passengers can add additional luggage for a small fee.
- Manage My Booking: Customers can now easily manage all their bookings through either brands’ website and app, including rescheduling or canceling trips, updating passenger information, and reserving a seat.
- Carbon Offset Credits: Passengers can now offset their carbon emissions with each trip through FlixBus’ partnership with atmosfair for 1-3% of their overall ticket price.
- Free Wi-Fi/Onboard Entertainment: As always, passengers can enjoy free Wi-Fi, power outlets to charge devices and onboard entertainment.
Last summer, Flix SE consolidated its North American operations in Dallas and announced a new C-suite lineup.
Get on the list.
Dallas Innovates, every day.
Sign up to keep your eye on what’s new and next in Dallas-Fort Worth, every day.