Thanks to rewardStyle, influencers are now in your Instagram feed, on your coffee table, and part of your shopping experience. A pioneer in global influencer marketing, the Dallas-based company is behind every shopaholic’s favorite app, driving over $1B in retail sales each year.
And it’s not stopping there.
rewardStyle has been making moves to prepare for its next phase of scaled hypergrowth by quietly snatching up top executives from prominent tech, finance, and retail companies. By heavily investing in an all-star senior leadership team, rewardStyle says it’s primed to move forward with its plans for global retail and marketing innovation—and, keep its status as the “largest influencer platform in the world.”
The exec appointments come on the heels of rewardStyle’s milestone last month of hitting $4 billion in lifetime retail sales. Since 2015, the fashion-focused technology platform has grown by a whopping 300 percent.
“We have a clear and audacious vision of where rewardStyle is going in the next 3-5 years, and as founders we have chosen to invest and augment our existing competencies with values-driven, high-performance individuals who have brought their careers to rewardStyle because of a shared vision of that future,” Amber Venz Box, president and co-founder of rewardStyle, said in a statement.
READ NEXT Startup Couples: rewardStyle’s Amber & Baxter Box on Balance and Finding Success—Together
Known as the company that completely changed the lives of retail-obsessed fashionistas with the creation of the first-ever influencer-driven consumer shopping app, LIKEtoKNOW.it, it’s no surprise rewardStyle is ramping up for more growth.
The high-traffic app literally made Instagram shoppable when it launched in 2017, giving users the ability to instantly purchase real products in fashion, beauty, home, and family that they viewed on high-profile accounts. Powered by first-of-its-kind technology, in under nine months, LIKEtoKNOW.it welcomed 1 million shoppers.
It also became the go-to place for the next generation of bloggers who could connect with mobile consumers through the rewardStyle platform and earn monetary gain for content creation.
“As a world-class technology platform, we are defining a new industry that began in marketing and has now expanded into a mobile retail renaissance, all driven by our mobilization of the global influencer,” Venz Box said. “rewardStyle built a business that not only empowers the next generation of creative entrepreneurs, but also redefines the shopping experience.”
The new hires
rewardStyle announced the following executive appointments to join its 230 employees across seven offices worldwide:
- Jeff Dawson, chief financial officer: Dawson’s experience includes a ten year stint with American Airlines, Airband Communications, and PwC.
- Tom Sipple, chief revenue officer: Sipple has held positions at AppLovin, Tapjoy, and Yahoo SE Asia.
- Kacy Cole, senior vice president of marketing: Cole has previously worked with big-name retailers like T-Mobile and Tommy Bahama and held roles at Getty Images, Corbis, and Hearst Magazines International.
- Raj Lalsare, senior vice president of strategy & analysis: Lalsare brings experience from Travelocity, Oliver Wyman, and Expedia.
- Ben Newell, vice president of product: Newell joins rewardStyle as a 17-year veteran of Sabre, where he created a mobile travel tool that serves over 10M consumers.
- Kristi O’Brien, vice president of corporate development & strategy: O’Brien comes to rewardStyle from Allen & Company, where she worked with major players such as Time Warner, Refinery29, and Scripps Networks.
- Vijai Viswanathan, vice president of engineering: Most recently, Viswanathan was at Lexis Nexis, where he managed a $7 million budget.
- MeLinda McCall, vice president of human resources: McCall has leveraged human capital management practices and globally accelerated talent planning for companies like Dr Pepper Snapple Group, The Coatings Group, and Coca-Cola Enterprises.
- Brittany DeGan, general counsel: Prior to joining the rewardStyle team, DeGan worked with ALQIMI Group in Washington, D.C.
Get on the list.
Dallas Innovates, every day.
Sign up to keep your eye on what’s new and next in Dallas-Fort Worth, every day.