Looking for a smart wallet with a tracker? How about a super-hero-themed smartwatch? The new One61 Studio division of Irving-based Bioworld Merchandising Inc. soon will be offering just what you’re looking for.
Bioworld Merchandising Inc. plans to launch its new Internet of Things division and its accompanying smart and wearable products Jan. 9-12 at the 2018 Consumer Electronics Show in Las Vegas. Bioworld is a leading seller of officially-licensed apparel, goods, and accessories.
The company said each innovation by One61 can be licensed to incorporate characters from popular television, movie, comic, and video game franchises to offer consumers a “fully immersive” fan experience.
“CES is the perfect global stage to introduce One61.”
One61 will be based at Bioworld Merchandising’s Irving office, and is still in the process of filling out its team.
“During the early stages of One61’s development, it was clear to us that our new IoT division should celebrate great ideas and inspire continuous innovation,” Bioworld Chief Technology Officer Shawn Stauffer said in a release. “We look forward to partnering with more startups and entrepreneurs, providing them with access to Bioworld’s network of proven and time-tested resources.”
Bioworld said this is the first time it has exhibited at CES.
“CES is the perfect global stage to introduce One61,” Stauffer said. “CES is filled with world-class innovators on the forefront of cutting-edge technology, and it is humbling to be surrounded by such incredible talent.”
Here are the new products One61 plans to showcase at CES:
- foundmi Bluetooth Tracker — These Bluetooth tracking heroes are available in 20 different Marvel, DC Comics, and Star Wars characters with many more on the way.
- foundmi Smart Wallet — Long and short wallets for men and women that detect when it is dropped or a credit card is out of place for too long.
- foundmi Luggage Tracker — Track luggage in real time with the world’s first comprehensive tracking solution using GPS, cell, Bluetooth, and Wi-Fi technology.
- Smart Glove — A first-of-its-kind voice-enabled glove featuring hands-free technology for hands-free calls and music.
- SmartWatch — Batman, Wonder Woman, and The Flash-themed smartwatches offering advanced custom functions such as hands-free calling, alarms, step counter, and more.
- Kaptur — A smart hat that offers wearers a high-tech way to express themselves by displaying their favorite photos, memes, and gifs.
While headquartered in North Texas, Bioworld Merchandising has offices in Europe, China, India, and Canada.
It has a team of more than 100 designers who create sleepwear, bags, headwear, apparel, and accessories.
Get on the list.
Sign up to keep your eye on what’s new and next in Dallas-Fort Worth, every day.
And, you’ll be the first to get the digital edition of our new Dallas Innovates magazine:
The annual edition publishes in January