Global Entrepreneurship Week Fort Worth kicks off November 7-12 with an opening party, a pitch competition, a State of Entrepreneurship luncheon, and lots more for founders and entrepreneurs to sink their teeth into.
GEW Fort Worth, held in collaboration with The DEC Network, will take place with in-person and virtual speakers, panels, showcases, and networking sessions.
Fort Worth Mayor Mattie Parker will deliver the State of Entrepreneurship address at the luncheon, joined by featured speaker Ian Hathaway, an investor, strategic advisor, data scientist, and writer.
Early-stage startups can apply for the pitch competition powered by Dell Technologies by going here.
A truly global event
Held in locations worldwide, Global Entrepreneurship Week (GEW) celebrates the innovators and job creators who bring ideas to life, drive economic growth, and improve human welfare. Some 35,000 events will take place in 180 countries during the week. In the U.S. alone, nearly 5,000 events, activities, and competitions are planned in all 50 states.
2020’s GEW FW event was the largest held in the U.S.
In 2020, GEW FW was held completely virtually. It was the largest event held in the U.S., with 93 sessions and 140 speakers.
Local businesses, incubators, and community organizations create and run all the GEW events. The goal: Provide new ideas and offer a look at the latest tech and discoveries from around the world. GEW FW aims for local business owners, business leaders, and city officials to leverage the week-long experience for the betterment of greater Fort Worth.
Highlights of GEW Fort Worth
- GEW Fort Worth 2021 Kick Off Party, which will be held in person at Tarrant County College’s Trinity River Campus at 5:30 p.m. Nov. 7.
- State of Entrepreneurship Luncheon. Fort Worth Mayor Mattie Parker will deliver the State of Entrepreneurship address, and the featured speaker will be Ian Hathaway, an investor, strategic advisor, data scientist and writer with expertise in technology startups, entrepreneurship and venture capital. Hathaway currently leads investment analytics at Techstars and is a senior fellow at the Brookings Institution and a board member and senior fellow at the Center for American Entrepreneurship. The event will be held at 11:30 a.m. Nov. 9.
- Global Entrepreneurship Week Pitch Competition powered by Dell Technologies. GEW FW is seeking early-stage startups to apply for this opportunity. General requirements can be found in the application. Winner will receive an “Entrepreneur on the Go” package including XPS, Dell Mouse, Backpack and Mobile Monitor. The virtual event will be held Wednesday, Nov. 10 at 1 p.m.
- C1 Innovation Labs – Payer Perspectives for Startups: Perfecting the Pitch, which will feature leaders from the C1 Innovation Lab of Blue Cross Blue Shield of Texas for a discussion about the U.S. healthcare system, how to collaborate successfully with health payers, and needs for innovation as we seek to create better health for our communities, virtually at noon Nov. 11.
- 2021 GEW Entrepreneur and Investor Forum hosted by Faith Driven Network-DFW, a daylong event designed to unite faith-driven leaders including entrepreneurs, investors, business owners, educators and elected officials, and explore ways to work together for positive impact. The event will feature keynote addresses from Jeff Davidson, co-CEO of Camp Gladiator; Renji Bijoy, founder and CEO of Immersed; and Dee Labriola, director of recruiting and operations at Turas Group. It will take place Nov. 12 at Globe Life Field.
- University of Texas Arlington events held throughout the week including Funding Options for New Ventures, Making Sense of Accelerators, Incubators, Coworking & Competitions, and Decision Points: Lifestyle vs. High Growth Companies.
- Innovate Fort Worth Podcasts featuring Mike Berry, Benjamin Vann, Pam Cannell and others.
For the latest info about GEW Fort Worth sessions or to register, visit gewfortworth.org.
Get on the list.
Dallas Innovates, every day.
Sign up to keep your eye on what’s new and next in Dallas-Fort Worth, every day.