Stuck in a rut with plain old ketchup? You’d better catch up—and a local company is here to help.
Irving-based Melinda’s Foods—which calls itself “the brand that can set your mouth on flavor”—is introducing new spicy ketchups and sauces at Walmart, both online and at 4,100 store locations nationwide.
In addition to its Ghost Wing Pepper Sauce, Ghost Pepper Sauce, Black Truffle Hot Sauce, and more, Melinda’s is adding five spicy ketchups and three sauces to its Walmart lineup.
“We’re so excited that Melinda’s is expanding its wide assortment of flavorful condiments nationwide at Walmart,” Melinda’s CEO Greg Figueroa said in a statement. “We were the first brand to create spicy ketchups more than 25 years ago, and are thrilled to reach a new audience.”
“Our innovative sauces and ketchups are more savory and satisfying than dry spices, and we guarantee our tasty flavor varieties will compliment any dish,” Figueroa added.
Founders moved Melinda’s from New Orleans to North Texas after Hurricane Katrina
Melinda’s was launched more than 34 years ago by brothers Greg and David Figueroa, who wanted “to share their passion for chiles to consumers nationwide,” the company says. Originally located in their hometown of New Orleans, the company relocated to North Texas after Hurricane Katrina—and it’s been tantalizing palates from here ever since.
Using all-natural vegetables and fruit-based ingredients from Colombia, the company offers a wide variety of hot sauces, condiments, wing sauces, and preserves.
Fresh ingredients ‘from seed to bottle’
Melinda’s says its “authentically crafted” sauces begin with the freshest ingredients “from seed to bottle,” including what it calls “the best chile peppers on the planet.”
Unlike most well-known ketchup brands, Melinda’s five spicy ketchups are made with real sugar and no high-fructose corn syrup,. GMO- and gluten-free, they’re said to deliver “a feeling of sophistication by balancing heat that sets records with unforgettable flavors.”
The new products at Walmart include, with the company’s descriptions:
- Black Pepper Ketchup made with freshly ground black peppercorns and real cane sugar “to craft a zesty ketchup with a peppery flavor.”
- Habanero Ketchup made with the fiery habanero pepper “to create a spicy and tangy ketchup with a bold flavor.”
- Chipotle Ketchup made with chipotle peppers and real cane sugar “to craft a rich ketchup with a smoky flavor.”
- Jalapeño Ketchup made with real cane sugar and fresh jalapeno peppers “to create a tangy ketchup with delicious spicy flavor.”
- Ghost Pepper Ketchup made with Naga Jolokia Pepper “to craft a delicious ketchup with a fiery hot flavor.”
- Fire Roasted Garlic & Habanero Sauce made with “the best habanero peppers on the planet” and slow roasted over an open flame.
- Louisiana Red Cayenne Hot Sauce made with fresh red-hot peppers, vinegar and salt to create “a tangy, moderately hot taste.”
- Mexicana Hot Sauce made with fresh red-hot peppers and spices “for that chile-forward burst of spicy flavor.”
Get on the list.
Dallas Innovates, every day.
Sign up to keep your eye on what’s new and next in Dallas-Fort Worth, every day.