As a part of The Dallas Entrepreneur Center’s CEO Insider series, we have put together the first episode of a video interview/podcast to give the ability to interact with our emerging CEOs in an interesting way.
In this episode, you can hear from hilarious entrepreneur and social good mover Glen Collins with interactive design studio Switch Creative and web and mobile development company Good Work. He’ll give answers on some of the following questions:
• Are entrepreneurs born or made?
• What is Website-As-A-Service?
• What is the key to success for an entrepreneur?
Switch Creative and Good Work build their cultures upon communication, transparency, and grace. My biggest takeaways from the conversation were Collins’ three most important characteristics of a successful entrepreneur:
• Be resourceful: “Figuring stuff out, trying to build relationships that further an agenda to try to be faced with an obstacle and be immediately wired for that workaround.”
• Be flexible: “The landscape of business — and life in general — can be harsh. You’ve got to be just ok with that and be nimble enough to pivot and realize [when] one opportunity needs to be retired or reprioritized.”
• Be focused: “We wanted to be focused on the idea of supporting businesses that needed a new narrative.”
“As an entrepreneur, trust your instincts. That’s why you’re in it. You saw a need in the world or you’re fueling a passion of some kind … lean into that!”
Glen Collins, Switch
And, Collins said, “as an entrepreneur, trust your instincts. That’s why you’re in it. You saw a need in the world or you’re fueling a passion of some kind … lean into that!”
That’s just the tip of the iceberg of all you’ll find out in this first video interview edition of the CEO Insider.
A special thanks to Paperlyte for its work on video production and for providing the awesome event in Oak Cliff where we filmed this segment.
Get on the list.
Dallas Innovates, every day.
Sign up to keep your eye on what’s new and next in Dallas-Fort Worth, every day.