Here comes the bride. No wait. Here comes the food truck. With the holiday season comes a large spike in engagements. Now, brides-to-be have several months to plan for their June wedding. Instead of ordering steak dinners for guests, weddings are now home to many food trucks.
Ruthie’s Rolling Cafe is no stranger to weddings. From the valet line to the main course, Ruthie’s chefs serve up hundreds of gourmet grilled cheese sandwiches each wedding season — all year round for that matter.
Here are five reasons why brides are choosing food trucks to be involved in their weddings.
- Something nostalgic and different. Not knocking the traditional wedding food at all, but it’s fun to mix it up and create a very memorable experience for your guests. Just as we all have fun memories of the Ice Cream Man rolling through our neighborhoods growing up, we can experience that same magic by ordering from a food truck.
- Custom-made to order. Food trucks don’t mass-produce their food. Each item is custom-made, right then and there. Take Ruthie’s for example. Once someone orders “The Boss” or “Turkey Trot,” it doesn’t get made until the order is complete. So your guests won’t run the risk of getting a sandwich that’s been sitting there waiting for someone to eat it for 10 minutes. It’s hot, fresh and ready for consumption.
- Get creative with your menu. With a food truck, folks can create their very own menu items and name them after the bride and groom. The Ruthie’s team loves working with brides on creating a special sandwich just for the wedding, or even renames an existing sandwich after the bride or groom.
- Face it. Literally. People love their selfies. In this day and age, folks measure the success and enjoyment of an event by what kind of selfie or Instagram photo they got out of the experience. Ruthie’s has seen its share of interesting and clever selfies with the culinary creations they whip up. Folks also love posing by the Ruthie’s truck for a quick snap!
- The final flourish of the evening. Some brides want to have several menu options for their guests. Or even various waves of food served to guests. Ruthie’s is often hired to serve the “midnight snack” as guests are leaving the wedding. It’s a good idea to make sure guests leave with a full belly, especially after working off all the cake and champagne dancing on the dance floor. And it’s nice to add one final touch to really punctuate the evening with a giant grilled cheese exclamation point!
Follow @Ruthie’s Rolling Cafe on Twitter to keep up with the story.
Let Ruthie’s Rolling Cafe Cater Your Next Event
Events are booked first come, first served. As soon as you know your date, give Ruthie’s a call! If possible, catered events need to be booked a week in advance.
Don’t hesitate to call … If Ruthie’s is available, then we will roll on over!
For more information and menu options, go here.
Constantly rolling around DFW Metroplex!